Why become a member?
Apart from full access to the members section of this website, offering a range of specialist knowledge and information, you will gain the following benefits from your membership.
Individual, individual-reduced and student membership of IA brings valuable benefits, including:
- Member-only events
- Discounts to national events and workshops
- Webinars: Held throughout the year.
- Member discount on training and other events run by the National Association for Interpretation (NAI) in the USA
Awards: Opportunity to submit projects for the IA Awards of Excellence, with discounted entry fee
- A range of opportunities held across states and territories.
- Listing in the Supplier’s Directory, which is available to anyone visiting our website (one category, name and contact details)
- Opportunity for a full listing in the Supplier’s Directory which allow for a write up and logo as well as contact details (fees apply)
- Social Media: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram regularly updated. Members are invited to curate social media.
- ENews that keeps us up to date on relevant job opportunities, special IA member events, training and professional development opportunities
- Search our huge portal of content spanning decades of Interpretation activity.
- Access to case studies, topic resources, sample documents and conference proceedings
- Free access to (online) back issues of Interpreting Australia
*Corporate membership offers all the above for four employees.
How To join
Joining IA is as simple as filling in the membership form and paying the appropriate membership fee.
New individual members: please click here for a membership form.
Current individual members: you will have automatically received an invoice for renewal a couple of months before the anniversary of your membership expiring.
New corporate members: please click here for a membership form.
Current corporate members: you will have received an invoice a couple of months before your membership expires (12 month anniversary).
Consultants and Suppliers Directory
Membership includes registration in our Suppliers Directory, which is accessible by the public. The basic listing includes name and contact details in a single category of interpretation. If you would like to take up this opportunity to register for the directory you can fill in the appropriate information on the joining form or if you are already a member, please email your contact details and the name of the contact person to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a full listing, which includes your business in more than one category, a write up about your company, the service you offer, and the ability to include a logo there is a charge of $20 per category per year for 12 months . As these listings are more detailed, they cannot be substituted for the included basic listing.
Once you have completed the form, there are several payment options. These include Pay online, via internet banking or using a credit card – follow this link to our secure payment gateway.
Payments can also be made by postal order/cheque to PO Box 662, Mount Lawley, WA 6929.
Please note that payment by credit card incurs a 2% surcharge.
Fees are payable on an anniversary basis and membership is valid for 12 months from the date on which payment is received and membership has been processed.
Invoices are issued to current members a couple of months before their membership expires. Members who renew their membership within the two months preceding their end date are entitled to a discounted membership rate.
Membership is on an anniversary basis and will run for 12 months from the date of activation.
IA does not pay GST.
IA ABN: 94 546 981 448.
Protecting Your Information
We will only use your information according to our privacy statement.