Awards Submission Guidelines
Conditions of Entry
- To enter the Interpretation Australia National Awards of Excellence you are required to complete all sections of the submission document.
- Projects must have been completed within the past 5 years and by submission close date.
- Only members of Interpretation Australia are eligible to enter the National Awards for Excellence.
- Payment must be received in full prior to the submissions closing deadline. Your entry fee is payable to Interpretation Australia at the time your entry is submitted and can be paid via invoice or credit card.
- You must complete the Submission Document Part A in the format provided.
- You may provide the additional information as requested in the Submission Document Part B in any format, however, we do not guarantee that the judges can access specific technology to view submissions.
- Project values are exclusive of GST for the purposes of category selection.
- Complete the Entry Form and upload documentation.
- Submit your entry electronically and pay before the closing date.
- As a condition of entry, you give permission for extracts from your project submission to be uploaded to the IA website. The details on your entry form will not be published.
- The awards will be conducted in accordance with the Awards Judging Terms of Reference.
- All members of your team should be informed, where feasible, of the nomination for this award.
- Complete Part A concisely but thoroughly and keep to the format. Judges will be using this section for comparison.
- You can utilise any format you feel necessary for the additional information, however, if the judges do not have access to a specialised or unusual form of technology, there is no guarantee they will see your work. We recommend sticking to formats such as pdf, jpg, png, mp4, audio files, or similar. If you are unsure, please contact us.
Entry Fees (per project submitted)
Non Member $229*
* includes 1 x discounted individual IA membership.
Your Project Submission must be presented in the following format. Submissions which do not meet this criteria may be considered ineligible or lose valuable judging points.
PART A: DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE
- Maximum of 7 x A4 pages (including a cover sheet).
- Set in 10 point Arial with 1.5 line spacing.
- All questions must be completed. If a question is not applicable, write ‘N/A’.
- Do not start a new page for each question.
Part B: DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE
- Provide at least 1 x piece of supporting material which allows judges to ‘experience’ your project.
- Multiple entries are permitted.
- You may submit as many entries as you like in each category.
- Each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry form and fee.
Georgie Waterman & Young Achievers Awards
To nominate someone for either a Georgie Waterman Award or Young Achievement Award please fill out the nomination form and provide:
- The name; workplace; and contact details of the nominee.
- A description of the nominee’s career (or at least what you know about it) (approx. 250 words).
- A description of the nominee’s recent work (approx. 250 words and add photos or video if you can).
- Why the nominee deserves the award (approx. 250 words) – describe how they are inspirational in their field, demonstrated commitment to promoting and delivering high quality interpretation, understand and appreciate changing audience needs and the role of Interpretation in adapting to this change, sharing with and/or development of others within the profession of interpretation, and demonstrated interpretive initiatives, creativity and / or innovation.
- Names and contact details for 2 professional referees.